To open the mind, not just the mouth
More than a cookbook, this book is an intimate and daring story about how Mugaritz experiences cooking, using creativity as the most suitable ingredient to inspire, surprise and provoke diners all over the world. For Andoni Luis Aduriz, food is the best pretext to cross borders and explore territories while transforming ideas into edible expressions. With this publication, Mugaritz endeavour on dismantle paradigms, accelerating the present of gastronomy and, above all, projecting ramps into tomorrow, while keeping one same enthusiasm and illusion intact, the one of watching its audience walk on a tightrope without the fear of falling, enjoying outcomes that are as unusual as improbable.
TO EAT YOUR BRAIN OUT
- Confessions by Andoni Luis Aduriz and the Mugaritz’s team to open the mind and not just the mouth.
- Inspiring reflections on the present and the future of one of the most influential restaurants of our time.
- 30 creative concepts of Mugaritz
- 50 ground breaking recipes.
- Glossary of non-culinary terms to meet culinary challenges.
- Notes to whet the appetite through time, luxury, pleasure, vice, chance, transformation, life and even death.... in the kitchen.
21,6 x 27,5 cm.
English and Spanish edition.
Release date: February 2019
Author: Mugaritz, Andoni Luis Aduriz
Text: Sasha Correa and Raúl Nagore
Photography: Per-Anders Jörgensen and José Luis López de Zubiría
Illustration: Javier Vergara
Graphic Design: Lotta Jörgensen
Book online through Planeta de Libros